Celebration is America’s #1 sports and recreation bermudagrass. It is cold resistant, shade tolerant, and demonstrates exceptional wear and tear recovery. Its lush blue-green color makes for beautiful sports fields and golf courses. It’s no wonder that Celebration bermudagrass is America’s #1 choice for sports and recreational uses. Its exceptional wear and tear recovery, cold resistance, beautiful blue-green color, and shade tolerance make it the perfect option for sports fields and golf courses. The top-shelf choice for sports fields and golf courses, Celebration bermudagrass is known not only for its beautiful blue-green color, but also its exceptional cold and shade tolerance and ability to withstand wear and tear. Celebration bermudagrass is the top choice for golf and sports fields because of its exceptional resilience, cold and shade tolerance, and gorgeous blue-green color. It’s no wonder that Celebration is America’s #1 choice when it comes to sports and recreational use.
Celebration Bermudagrass Maintenance
- Soil test every two years.
- Amend soil to maintain pH between 6.0 and 7.0
- Know your soil type!
Sharpen blades every spring.
Keep mowed between .5 to 1.5 inches.
Don’t cut of more than 1/3 the blade.
- Water less in cooler fall months
- About 1 inch a week total irrigation spring & summer
- Water deeply, frequently, and in early AM
Pre-emergents prevent weeds from germinating
Post-emergents kill weeds after they germinate
A thick, lush lawn is the best deterrent to weeds
- Overly wet grass + shade = fungus problems
- Apply systemic fungicide to prevent fungus outbreaks
- Use multiple fungicide applications to treat affected areas
- Use a broad spectrum insecticide that controls chinch bugs
- For a once-a-year treatment, July & August are good months
- Drought-stressed lawns are more susceptible to chinch bug injury
- If using a granular insecticide, water in after application