Geo Zoysia is a fine bladed premium turfgrass for home and commercial use. For the discerning homeowner, Geo is the clear choice for its good shade and cold tolerance, beautiful fine texture, and excellent performance. Geo has a lighter green color and truly stands out in a landscape.
Geo Zoysia Characteristics
- Soil test every two years.
- Amend soil to maintain pH between 6.0 and 7.0
- Know your soil type!
Sharpen blades every spring.
- Keep mowed between .5 to 2 inches
Don’t cut of more than 1/3 the blade
- Water less in cooler fall months
- About 1 inch a week total irrigation spring & summer
- Water deeply, frequently, and in early AM
Pre-emergents prevent weeds from germinating
Post-emergents kill weeds after they germinate
A thick, lush lawn is the best deterrent to weeds
- Overly wet grass + shade = fungus problems
- Apply systemic fungicide to prevent fungus outbreaks
- Use multiple fungicide applications to treat affected areas
- Use a broad spectrum insecticide that controls chinch bugs
- For a once-a-year treatment, July & August are good months
- If using a granular insecticide, water in after application
- Look for insect damage on grass blades and/ or roots