Latitude 36 bermudagrass’ long-lasting green color, cold tolerance, traffic tolerance, and fine leaf texture make it ideal for golf, sport, and home application. Perfect for golf, sports, and home applications, Latitude 36 withstands traffic and cold weather while maintaining it green color throughout the seasons. Appreciated for its long-lasting green color, Latitude 36 bermudagrass also tolerates traffic and cold temperatures, making it a solid choice for golf, sport, and home use.
Latitude 36 Characteristics
- Soil test every two years.
- Amend soil to maintain pH between 6.0 and 7.0
- Know your soil type!
Sharpen blades every spring.
Keep mowed between .5 to 1.5 inches.
Don’t cut of more than 1/3 the blade.
- Water less in cooler fall months
- About 1 inch a week total irrigation spring & summer
- Water deeply, frequently, and in early AM
Pre-emergents prevent weeds from germinating
Post-emergents kill weeds after they germinate
A thick, lush lawn is the best deterrent to weeds
- Overly wet grass + shade = fungus problems
- Apply systemic fungicide to prevent fungus outbreaks
- Use multiple fungicide applications to treat affected areas
- Use a broad spectrum insecticide that controls chinch bugs
- For a once-a-year treatment, July & August are good months
- Drought-stressed lawns are more susceptible to chinch bug injury
- If using a granular insecticide, water in after application